From: Naga Toro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages that do not compile.
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 20:33:06
1 On Tuesday 08 May 2007 17.06.51 David Harel wrote:
2 > Naga Toro wrote:
3 > > Second, as stated just above that passage, it is not nessecary but
4 > > recommended.
5 >
6 > Here is a quotation from the doc:
7 >
8 > To be completely safe that your system is in a sane state, you must
9 > rebuild the toolchain and then world to make use of the new compiler.
10 >
11 > (Now how do I make the word MUST above underlined and bold?) ;-)
12
13 _underline_ *bold* usualy workes fine :)
14
15 But still atleast I interpret that as "should work without, but better safe
16 then sorry".
17
18 But then later in the same doc it says:
19 "If you upgrade from gcc 3.3 to 4.1, do not use the method based on
20 revdep-rebuild, but do a complete system rebuild."
21 so the answer to your question would be either stay with 3.3.6 and rebuild
22 those packages that you emerged with 4.1.1 or upgrade to 4.1.1 and rebuild
23 system + world (ccache is highly recomended).
26 Naga
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list