From: David Harel <hareldvd@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages that do not compile.
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:43:17
1 Naga Toro wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 08 May 2007 16.26.07 David Harel wrote:
4 >> Looking in: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml Code Listing
5 >> 2.2 I have to do emerge -eav system and emerge -eav world. Isn't that
6 >> rebuilding the entire system?
7 >
8 > First. please don't use html and top posting.
9 Sorry about that. The recipient gentoo-user@l.g.o is set in
10 my address book to "plain text" but thunderbird seems to ignore it.
11 >
12 > Second, as stated just above that passage, it is not nessecary but
13 > recommended.
14 Here is a quotation from the doc:
15
16 To be completely safe that your system is in a sane state, you must
17 rebuild the toolchain and then world to make use of the new compiler.
18
19 (Now how do I make the word MUST above underlined and bold?) ;-)
22 > You must however follow listing 2.1 and I would recomend keeping the old gcc
23 > installed untill all packages have been upgraded/reemerged just in case.
27 Regards.
28
29 David Harel,
30