From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote desktop suggestion
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:02:42
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> I would like to try a remote desktop server/client app (linux to linux).
7 >> Would anyone have suggestions? freenx x ltsp x vnc x others?
8 >>
9 >> Thanks,
12 > definitely one of the NX or NX-derived products. The performance is
13 > lightyears ahead of any other and there are clients for
14 > windows/mac/solaris and it uses ssh already so no need to mess with
15 > tunnelling. It can also proxy local VNC and RDP connections to make
16 > them faster, too.
19 I tried nxserver-freenx. The performance is indeed impressive. Yet it
20 didn't work 'out-of-the-box'. I had to assign write perms over /tmp, as
21 nx user is attempting to write to that folder.
22 FYI.
23 Amit