From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT encfs] When encfs gets hungup
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 03:08:29
1 On Monday 11 July 2011 23:43:06 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday 11 July 2011 17:26:36 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
3 > > Am Mo 11 Jul 2011 17:18:16 CEST, Peter Humphrey schrieb:
4 > > > I doubt I shall ever accept 'reoccur', any more than I accept
5 > > > 'transportation'.
6 > >
7 > > It's way OT but what is wrong with 'transportation'.
8 > > If it is wrong, how would it be right?
9 >
10 > It isn't wrong, it's just silly. Americans love to add '-ation' to
11 > everything. Just consider 'motivation', for example. It nearly always means
12 > 'motive'. Ditto 'medication', which is nearly always 'medicine'. I could go
13 > on all night, but this is much too far off topic already. (I didn't mean to
14 > launch a troll - I just get wound up about poor language - sorry. And while
15 > I'm at it, an adverb should not precede the verb of the sentence. This is
16 > not German. And in English we do not put a comma between the verb and the
17 > predicate. Anyone who wants to discuss things like this seriously is welcome
18 > to contact me off-list.)
19 >
20 > > I'm not a native speaker so I might be blind to see the error.
21 >
22 > I can see that, but i'm impressed by your grasp of your second language,
23 > which is incomparably superior to my grasp of your first.
26 well, your language is broken beyond help anyway (as everybody who was forced
27 to learn this clusterfuck* realized in the second or third week) so why get
28 your panties in a knot? It can hardly get worse. Maybe better.
29
30 *) most accurate description of the english language I ever read:
31
32 http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-07-22
35 #163933