From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to IPSEC "M$oft" VPN client setup
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 16:40:45
1 On Monday 11 May 2009, Michael Higgins wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 May 2009 17:49:06 +0100
3 >
4 > Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> writes:
6 > > > Is there a useful Gentoo document anyone might suggest describing
7 > > > how one *connects to* a VPN device of the 'Microsoft' flavour "with
8 > > > IPSEC"?
9 > >
10 > > I do not know about a Gentoo document,
11 >
12 > I've been working on this for *waaaaay* too long, with no apparent success.
13 > I have racoon and l2tpt running, but no network addresses in the VPN.
14 >
15 > Does anyone understand the actual procedure(s) for making a VPN like, l2tp,
16 > IPSEC "pre-shared secret" connection, and wish to elaborate just a bit on
17 > the issues (config files, possible values) involved?
18 >
19 > I mean, the ebuild for ipsec-tools doesn't even put in half the config
20 > files... as if any of this could work at all without them?
21 >
22 > Any help appreciated. :(
23
24 Any progress with this guys? I am also trying to get something running
25 between a router and my laptop (using kvnc) but I am failing with this error:
26 =====================================
27 info: Gateway hostname (my.remote_router.com) resolved to "XX.XXX.XXX.XX".
28 error: [racoon helper
29 err] /home/michael/.kde3.5/share/apps/kvpnc//setkey.ROUTER.sh: line 6: -f:
30 command not found
31 error: [racoon err] racoon: must be root to invoke this program.
33
34 I am not sure that I want to run kvnc as root - after all it is a GUI
35 application ...
36
37 Worth nothing that unlike the OP my remote router is not running MS l2tp, but
38 IPSec with PSK.
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick