From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to IPSEC "M$oft" VPN client setup
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 20:31:02
1 On Tue, 05 May 2009 17:49:06 +0100
2 Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> writes:
5 >
6 > > Is there a useful Gentoo document anyone might suggest describing
7 > > how one *connects to* a VPN device of the 'Microsoft' flavour "with
8 > > IPSEC"?
9 >
10 > I do not know about a Gentoo document,
11
12 I've been working on this for *waaaaay* too long, with no apparent success. I have racoon and l2tpt running, but no network addresses in the VPN.
13
14 Does anyone understand the actual procedure(s) for making a VPN like, l2tp, IPSEC "pre-shared secret" connection, and wish to elaborate just a bit on the issues (config files, possible values) involved?
15
16 I mean, the ebuild for ipsec-tools doesn't even put in half the config files... as if any of this could work at all without them?
17
18 Any help appreciated. :(
19
20 Cheers,