From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to IPSEC "M$oft" VPN client setup
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:49:11
1 Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Is there a useful Gentoo document anyone might suggest describing how one *connects to* a VPN device of the 'Microsoft' flavour "with IPSEC"?
4
5 I do not know about a Gentoo document, but I have connected a Gentoo
6 system and Windows PC using racoon on the Gentoo system in exactly the
7 same way as I use to connect Gentoo systems. I define a shared secret in
8 /etc/racoon/psk.txt and in /etc/ipsec.conf have entries of the form
9
10 spdadd gentoo_ip/32 windows_ip/32 any -P out ipsec
11 esp/transport//require;
12
13 spdadd windows_ip/32 gentoo_ip/32 any -P in ipsec
14 esp/transport//require;
15
16 As I am not at work, where the Windows system is, I cannot remember
17 exactly how I configured that.