From: Gerhard Hoogterp <gerhard@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Null Modem Cables Between Windoze XP and Linux
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:00:23
1 On Sunday 25 June 2006 22:02, John J. Foster wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 12:46:16PM -0700, Lord Sauron wrote:
3 > > I have it on extremely good authority that it goes 2MB/sec.
4 >
5 > it's always a good thing to question authority.
6
7 Well, the used protocol has to do with it too.. and what I remember from my
8 BBS days is that kermit is extremely reliable and runs on more or less
9 everything, but also that it does give a new meening to the word slow..
10 zmodem or even sealink would already improve a lot..
11
12 > > I'll start looking for Kermit now. Thanks.
13 >
14 > emerge -av kermit
15
16 or net-dialup/lrzsz for x- yor z-modem.. (and forget x-modem.. it's as slow
17 as..)
22 Ithaka photography, http://ithaka.mine.nu/
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list