From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Null Modem Cables Between Windoze XP and Linux
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:45:11
1 On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 10:20:39PM +0200, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:
2 > On Sunday 25 June 2006 22:02, John J. Foster wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 12:46:16PM -0700, Lord Sauron wrote:
4 > > > I have it on extremely good authority that it goes 2MB/sec.
5 > >
6 > > it's always a good thing to question authority.
7 >
8 > Well, the used protocol has to do with it too.. and what I remember from my
9 > BBS days is that kermit is extremely reliable and runs on more or less
10 > everything, but also that it does give a new meening to the word slow..
11 > zmodem or even sealink would already improve a lot..
12 >
13 Man, this thread hurts. I _had_ forgotten fighting kermit to communicate
14 to a Prime 650 (running Primos 18 something I think). God that was
15 awful!
16
17 later,
18 festus
19 --
20 It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
21 clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.
22 Noam Chomsky