From: Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:54:42
1 On 02/21/2014 07:43 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2014-02-21 8:34 AM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
3 >> On 02/21/2014 07:24 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
4 >>> On 2014-02-20 9:39 PM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
5 >>>> Indeed, Greg doesn't work for Red Hat. Prior to working for LF,
6 >>>> however,
7 >>>> he worked for Novell, another for-profit Linux company.
8 >
9 >>> Good god, is that the best you can do?
10 >>>
11 >>> What is your aversion to 'profit', anyway? You do realize that
12 >>> *everyone* operates under the profit motive, right? EVERYONE. All day.
13 >>> Every day, in everything that they do. It may not always be a
14 >>> *financial* profit motive, but in many or even most cases it
15 >>> ultimately is.
16 >
17 >> This discussion has nothing to do with me.
18 >
19 > So stop making comments in this thread.
20 >
21 > Or are you suggesting that I mis-attributed that post (I just
22 > dbl-checked and I didn't)?
25 I certainly wrote what you quoted, but I'm not taking the bait to
26 devolve this already heated discussion into personal attacks.
27
28 If you think all profit is the same, then we are talking on two
29 different wavelengths.