From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ALSA config problem
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:52:50
1 Roy Wright <roy <at> wright.org> writes:
2
3 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml
4 > /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt
7 Yep got these. They do seem to be dated, in light of the
8 recent kernel changes related to audio....?
12 > On my new install using 2.6.28-gentoo-r1, alsa kernel, sound as modules
13 > (recommended), snd_intel_hda, ~x86, I have both analog and SPDI/F
14 > working, but the kernel is not recognizing HDMI device.
17 Well, for now, I went back to this kernel version:
18 2.6.24-gentoo-r8
19
20 Only one audio chip (nvidia) shows up, and I got it working now
21
22 I'll try a 2.8 kernel when the gentoo sources go stable.
26 > * enable alsa in the kernel
27 > * enable as modules device drivers/sound card support/...
28 > * do not install alsa-drivers.
29 > * emerge alsa-utils
30 > * follow the alsa-guide
31 > * if digital device not recognized, specify option name from
32 > ALSA-Configuration.txt
35 I appreciate these steps and refs....
36
37 I'm good for now.
40 James