From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ALSA config problem
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:52:51
1 On Monday 09 February 2009, James wrote:
2 > Roy Wright <roy <at> wright.org> writes:
3
4 > > On my new install using 2.6.28-gentoo-r1, alsa kernel, sound as modules
5 > > (recommended),
6 [snip...]
7
8 > > * enable alsa in the kernel
9 > > * enable as modules device drivers/sound card support/...
10 [snip...]
11
12 > I appreciate these steps and refs....
13 >
14 > I'm good for now.
15
16 As was suggested above you may get better luck building the alsa drivers as
17 modules. Although I had my sound card driver built in the kernel for the
18 last 2-3 years, I had to revert to building it as a module to get it to work
19 with kernel 2.6.27-gentoo-r6/8.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick