From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] macbook pro boot from usb
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 00:34:42
1 On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Nick Gotsinas <darf@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
3 >> I'm going to state the obvious and say did you try to hold ALT during boot?
4 >>
5 > Yes.
6 >
7 >> I made a systermrescue on USB stick and it works just fine on my MacBook.
8 >
9 > Maybe my systemrescue is old. Will update and try.
10
11 I updated systemrescuecd to version 2.3.1 on a usb stick and rebooted
12 holding the alt key. The only option I am given is the Macintosh HD.
13
14 Thanks,
17 Valmor
20 >> I also have Gentoo installed with Bootcamp and had no issues. Just make sure you partition with Guid
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 >
24 > --