From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:44:14
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday 29 Mar 2015 17:08:32 Yanestra wrote:
4 > > On 03/29/2015 05:03 PM, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 > > > "In most of the cases, Portage will be able to deliver correct
6 > > > suggestions for that when using the --autounmask feature.
7 > >
8 > > The first thing what happens here is that kde wants to upgrade
9 > > because qtchooser's mask miraculously becomes ignored. And
10 > > qtchooser itself doesn't install together with the libraries it
11 > > pretends to control because there masses of conflicts, no matter
12 > > what combination (qt4, qt5) I try.
13 > >
14 > > It has taken months of experimentation to get all the software to
15 > > work which I need. It was tricky, because in many places only
16 > > particular versions do.
17 > >
18 > > All that dissolves in a giant pile of rubbish...
19 > >
20 > > Regards,
21 > > Yanestra
22 >
23 > I've also ended up with qt blockers, that I do not seem capable to
24 > overcome yet. KDE wants qt 4.8.5 installed which is blocking qt
25 > 4.8.6. How did you go about overcoming this?
28 I also have dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.5-r2 and some other qt packages installed
29 but I had no problems with that.
30
31 I'm on gentoo stable (not ~amd64) and I don't use KDE.
34 Regards
35 wabe