From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:22:17
1 On Sunday 29 Mar 2015 17:08:32 Yanestra wrote:
2 > On 03/29/2015 05:03 PM, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
3 > > "In most of the cases, Portage will be able to deliver correct
4 > > suggestions for that when using the --autounmask feature.
5 >
6 > The first thing what happens here is that kde wants to upgrade because
7 > qtchooser's mask miraculously becomes ignored. And qtchooser itself
8 > doesn't install together with the libraries it pretends to control
9 > because there masses of conflicts, no matter what combination (qt4, qt5)
10 > I try.
11 >
12 > It has taken months of experimentation to get all the software to work
13 > which I need. It was tricky, because in many places only particular
14 > versions do.
15 >
16 > All that dissolves in a giant pile of rubbish...
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Yanestra
20
21 I've also ended up with qt blockers, that I do not seem capable to overcome
22 yet. KDE wants qt 4.8.5 installed which is blocking qt 4.8.6. How did you go
23 about overcoming this?
26 Regards,
27 Mick