From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiser4 Vs reiserfs for / on new Gentoo isntallation
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:05:31
1 On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Mick wrote:
2 > I know that some of you have been using reiser4 for some years now.
3 > How does it compare in performance and reliability in terms to
4 > reiserfs and xfs?
5 >
6 they don't even come close in performance. XFS sucks with files who are not
7 multi megabyte in size.
8
9 > A few years ago I remember there were problems compiling or running
10 > some applications/libraries on reiser4 - are these problems now over?
11 > Any gotchas?
12
13 a loooong time ago there was a bug when compiling kde and without compression.
14 Fixed shortly afterwards, never had a problem again.