From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Experiences with Flatpak?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 19:46:55
1 On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 1:30 PM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On 2019-01-25, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 12:48 PM Grant Edwards <
6 > grant.b.edwards@×××××.com wrote:
7 > >>[...]
8 > >>
9 > >> Is it practical to use flatpak apps on Gentoo?
10 > >
11 > > In my experience is amazing. Gentoo sometimes takes a lot of time to
12 > > stabilize some packages; flatpak usually have them immediately. For
13 > nightly
14 > > builds is even better, since you don't need to pollute your stable
15 > system.
16 >
17 > [...]
18 >
19 > > Also, I run systemd; I *think* it's necessary to run flatpak.
20 >
21 > Ouch. I don't, so that's a bit of a blocker for me.
24 I'm not sure anymore; flatpak doesn't need systemd and ostree has it as an
25 optional dependency[1]. It may work with OpenRC.
26
27 [1]
28 https://github.com/fosero/flatpak-overlay/blob/master/sys-fs/libostree/libostree-2019.1.ebuild#L37
29