From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT crypto] How to encrypt a directory without root?
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:01:08
1 On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 12:32:07 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > I want to encrypt a directory heirarchy on a remote machine where I
4 > don't have root. I can use either an openbsd, or gentoo remote.
5
6 Provided the kernel has ecrypt support and the userspace utilities are
7 installed, you can use ecrypt to encrypt a directory as an ordinary user.
11 Neil Bothwick
12
13 Gigabyte: (n.) more than you can comprehend and less than you'll need.