From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 11:11:47
1 On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 13:58:35 +0000
2 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 22 October 2017 10:50:01 GMT+02:00, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
5 > >Hi,
6 > >
7 > >for its invasive nature and its data gathering I really dont like
8 > >facebook.
9 > >
10 > >And now it seems that I cant with out it:
11 > >There is a HUGE user group for the Creality CR-10 3D printer there
12 > >and veryone and everything is referencing it.
13 > >
14 > >My question is:
15 > >Are there ways (and which ones) to become member of facebook
16 > >just to read and write to this user grout (like a mailinglist)
17 > >and keep the impact on privacy an personal fingerprinting as
18 > >small as ever possible?
19 > >
20 > >Every help is very appreciated!
21 > >Cheers
22 > >Meino
23 >
24 > Run a dedicated browser in a dedicated user account. This should
25 > isolate any tracking cookies from going into your main account.
26
27 You could also run Firefox in a Docker container
28 (https://hub.docker.com/r/openhs/firefox-ubuntu/). That way you will
29 be isolated and -- with this particular container -- you will be seen as
30 Ubuntu user (which is not so unique as Gentoo).
31
32 Regards,
33 Robert
37 Róbert Čerňanský