From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ATI Mobility TV-OUT
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:22:12
1 I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop with an ATI Mobility video card. It
2 has an S-video TV-out port that I can't get working. I've read all
3 kinds of stuff about it online, but I'm unsure which way to go.
4
5 I'm using the "ati" driver right now but I've read that the ati-gatos
6 driver might be better. I haven't even turned this laptop on in quite
7 a while so it's running a lot of old stuff. Should I update x11-xorg
8 to 7.0 and use a particular VIDEO_CARD flag and see if that works? How
9 should my xorg.conf look?
10
11 I've also read that atitvout should help but it doesn't seem to be in
12 portage and its homepage says it is no longer maintained.
13
14 - Grant
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list