From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use EXTRA_ECONF?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:25:58
1 On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:19:55 -0300, Matias Grana wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to compile vim with +clipboard support. One can do this by
4 > passing --enable-clipboard to configure. There's no USE flag for this
5 > feature. After some research, I've learned that the way to do this is to
6 > configure the EXTRA_ECONF variable. Now the question is: is there a
7 > file to put these variables in? Something like /etc/portage/package.use
8 > but for econfs?
9
10 You can set variables for individual ebuilds using /etc/portage/bashrc.
11 save the attached file as /etc/portage/bashrc then do
12
13 mkdir -p /etc/portage/env.d/app-editors
14 echo >>/etc/portage/env.d/app-editors/vim 'EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-clipboard"'
15
16 You can use this to set variables, or override default settings, for any
17 package.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
24 appreciates how difficult it was.

bashrc application/octet-stream