From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge --inject equivalent
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:23:19
1 On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:14:13 +0200
2 "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Does anyone knows about emerge --inject equivalent? Inject was used to
5 > tell (lie to) portage that some package is installed alhough it is
6 > not.
7 >
8 > What I was to trying to do is to avoid recompilation of the whole
9 > glibc because new flag fas been added to CROSSCOMPILE_OPTIONS.
10 > emerge -uDN world keeps me bugging that I should recompile glibc.
11 >
12 > The same story applies to different packages. If new USE flag is added
13 > which I don't use anyways, I still have to recompile the same version
14 > of package because emerge bugs me to do it.
15 >
16 > Does anyone knows how to avoid unnecessary recompilation in this case?
17 >
18 > Or should I open new bug to change default behaviour of emerge -N flag
19 > for new USE flags which are not used anyways?
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 > Marko
23
24 /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
25
26 man portage for details. syntax is "x11-wm/dwn-5.0.1" if I recall
27 correctly.
30 Ken69267 | AMD64 Gentoo Dev
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list