From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HCL web-page
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 23:46:25
1 On 04/19/2020 04:11 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> There used to be webpage http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/
4 >> where use could paste output of: lspci -n
5 >>
6 >> But is no longer active, did it change?
11 > That site seems to be gone.  I did find some other info.  Maybe one of
12 > these links will help replace it.
13 >
14 > https://www.linuxjournal.com/supportedhardware
15 >
16 > https://linux-hardware.org/
17 >
18 > https://wiki.debian.org/Hardware
19 >
20 > https://www.linuxcompatible.org/compatibility/
21 >
22 > Each site has its own way.  One lists links to distro sites, another
23 > probes your system to see if everything is supported, I didn't test
24 > that, and others seem to list hardware separated by type, network, video
25 > etc etc.
26 >
27 > I seem to recall using that site long ago.  If I recall correctly, it
28 > would find the correct kernel drivers etc for each piece of hardware.
29 > Certainly made things easier when trying to do a install on a new
30 > system.  Sad to see it is gone.
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
35
36 I think using: lspci -kn
37 will do the trick, it lists the kernel driver in use.