From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my system (really) using nptl
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:12:09
1 On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > We can only know seeing the code. Timur, this is the little test I
5 > made which creates 5 threads and runs them for 1 minute. In my case,
6 > `ps x` shows only 1 PID, care to give it a try?
7 >
8 > ----------------------
9 > #include <pthread.h> <<======
10 > #include <unistd.h>
11 > #include <stdlib.h>
12 > #include <stdio.h>
13
14 Thanks for the test case. Like you I see only one thread. However the
15 test case wouldn't compile for me without the -pthread option so it
16 makes me wonder what happens to a program like I had pointed to
17 yesterday that uses the old style threading that did create lots of
18 process ids? Possibly an nptl system would still generate lots of ids
19 for that program and that's what he's seeing?
20
21 Just curious. I don't program but I'm always sort of interested.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Mark