From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mount mac disks?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:56:32
1 I imagine millions of fanboys of Mac OSX must be crying out to hear you call
2 it "BSD Linux". It's based on BSD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSX
3
4 On 10/15/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > Good afternoon,
7 > Not a topic I see come up a lot. I finally bought my first Mac - a
8 > Mac Mini - and I'm fiddling around with external 1394 drives. If I use
9 > MSDOS as a file system for the drive then I have no trouble mounting
10 > the drive on any of my systems, but it made me wonder if I can format
11 > the drive using an Apple native partition type and mount that under
12 > Gentoo?
13 >
14 > Is it possible?
15 >
16 > I had been assuming that since OS X is based on BSD Linux that it
17 > would be happy mounting ext3 drives but it doesn't mount them at all,
18 > at least using their default tools that recognized a 1394 drive when
19 > it's plugged in.
20 >
21 > Thanks in advance for info in this area. I've never used a Mac and
22 > bought this one on a whim after selling my x86 laptop. Not sure if I'm
23 > going to continue running OS X on it or whether I might try Gentoo.
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Mark
27 >