From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mount mac disks?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:15:02
1 Good afternoon,
2 Not a topic I see come up a lot. I finally bought my first Mac - a
3 Mac Mini - and I'm fiddling around with external 1394 drives. If I use
4 MSDOS as a file system for the drive then I have no trouble mounting
5 the drive on any of my systems, but it made me wonder if I can format
6 the drive using an Apple native partition type and mount that under
7 Gentoo?
8
9 Is it possible?
10
11 I had been assuming that since OS X is based on BSD Linux that it
12 would be happy mounting ext3 drives but it doesn't mount them at all,
13 at least using their default tools that recognized a 1394 drive when
14 it's plugged in.
15
16 Thanks in advance for info in this area. I've never used a Mac and
17 bought this one on a whim after selling my x86 laptop. Not sure if I'm
18 going to continue running OS X on it or whether I might try Gentoo.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Mark
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list