From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:16:16
1 John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > Well, cdcd is what I would like to use, it thinks it is playing, and
5 > did work when I had a driv with that cable, but I hear no sound now.
6 > I think it is reading the data off of the cd and I guess its not doing
7 > the correct thing with it.
8 >
9 > Can you recomend a console player with some features like rewind, fast
10 > forward, pause and title lookup, etc -- I don't mind changing if I
11 > need to change.
12
13 Sun lawyewrs found a legal problem with libcdio. I am just working on a legal
14 replacement for "libcdio" together with some GOME developers from Sun. This
15 will be based on a wrapper around cdda2wav.
16
17 If your problem is reading from CD, this will fix the problems but it will
18 take ~ 1-2 weeks to finish.
19
20 Jörg
23 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin