From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Machine completely broken; Ncursed!
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:56:15
1 On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:52:07 -0400
2 Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 04/12/2015 09:38 PM, »Q« wrote:
5
6 > > How can I find out whether the profile is setting those variables?
7 > > ISTM the emerge errors I posted earlier, which happen if I get rid
8 > > of those variables in make.conf, indicate that they are not being
9 > > set at all.
10 >
11 > You can find all the defaults here:
12 > /usr/portage/profiles/base/make.defaults. I don't think the KDE
13 > profile overrides any of the python/ruby stuff, just USE. It's
14 > strange that you are getting that error from util-linux; I would
15 > recommend getting rid of the USE_PYTHON="2.7" line from make.conf
16 > and, personally, avoid having so many USE flags in make.conf.
17
18 Thanks. My /usr/portage/profiles/base/make.defaults has
19
20 PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3"
21 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
22
23 The error message was
24
25 The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
26 python? ( exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_3
27 python_single_target_python3_4 python_single_target_python2_7 ) )
28
29 It looks to me like make.defaults sets exactly one of those. Is it
30 possible my USE="-* wipes out use_expand things as well?