From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't boot from livecd
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 09:20:07
1 Philip Webb schrieb:
2 > 071007 Chuanwen Wu wrote:
3 >> The chipset is ICH8.
4 >> So,is there anyway you see I can install gentoo on my machine?
5 >
6 > You have an informed reply re your Dell, which I don't know,
7 > but more generally you could try to install from Knoppix
8 > -- that's what I used when I installed my current system 4 years ago --
9 > or the simple but powerful System Rescue ( http://www.sysresccd.org/ ),
10 > which I plan to use when I install Gentoo on my soon-to-be-built box
11 > (it actually mentions installing Gentoo as a good use in its docs).
12 > I made a Gentoo Live CD for 'amd64', but am not impressed:
13 > unlike the other two, it couldn't use my full monitor resolution
14 > & it also boots into a Gnome desktop (ugh & grin).
17 Don't forget that you need a AMD64 livecd if you want to install an
18 AMD64 system. There is no such thing like Knoppix64 but you should be
19 fine with every other livecd, for example Ubuntu64 CDs.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list