From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 22:26:35
1 On 04/17/13 22:20, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >>
3 >> OK, I'm getting somewhere.
4 >> After starting "evince" from command line I can print to pdf file; but
5 >> only when starting it from a desktop I'm getting this error.
6 >> Error printing - Operation not supported
9 >You are still not giving much in the way of information, and you are
10 >still getting replies from people that basically say "Well, gee, I dunno
11 >what the problem is, but try this $RANDOM_MAGIC_SAUCE"
12 >
13 >It's an exercise in throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.
14 >
15 >So, it used to work. Now it doesn't work.
16 >Something changed in between.
17 >You need to provide the information to find what changed, no-one else
18 >can. And it doesn't help repeating the error message you get, we already
19 >know that.
20 >
21 >Start with the short list of three items in my other mail.
22 >
23 >I promise you, and this is important, until you provide that information
24 >we will all keep going around in circles (unless you hit random pay
25 >dirt) and your printing will continue to not work.
26 >
27 >--
28 >Alan McKinnon
29 >alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
30
31 If is hard to find trouble-shoot these kind of problems. If I new which package is causing it I wouldn't be asking questions on this forum!
32 I'll emerge --rsync maybe it was fixed already.
33 I know Firefox-17.0.4 has a printing problem to a folder other than /home/user/ folder but it was fixed in 17.0.5 version.
36 Joseph