From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:50:04
1 On 18/04/2013 00:26, Joseph wrote:
2 >> I promise you, and this is important, until you provide that information
3 >> we will all keep going around in circles (unless you hit random pay
4 >> dirt) and your printing will continue to not work.
5 >>
6 >> --
7 >> Alan McKinnon
8 >> alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
9 >
10 > If is hard to find trouble-shoot these kind of problems. If I new which
11 > package is causing it I wouldn't be asking questions on this forum!
12 > I'll emerge --rsync maybe it was fixed already.
13 > I know Firefox-17.0.4 has a printing problem to a folder other than
14 > /home/user/ folder but it was fixed in 17.0.5 version.
17 What does a Firefox printing error have to do with evince?????
18
19 Please make at least *some* effort to help yourself and describe to the
20 list what steps you took and the results, even if they were not successful.
21
22 With an error like this I expect you to have already done some sane
23 Google searches to see if this is a common problem or isolated to you, I
24 would expect you to check bugs.gentoo.org and I would expect you to know
25 what packages have been updated since the problem manifested.
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com