From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Travelling in Greece, need advice
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:43:24
1 > > I had planned on finding wireless connections and then ethernet
2 > > networks as a backup. Either one has proven to be totally impossible.
3 > > I need something I can rely on and since using public computers is
4 > > too dangerous it sounds like I need to dial up. I could just make
5 > > sure that there is an available phone line where I plan to go and that
6 > > my dial-up provider has a local number there.
7 > >
8 > > Can anyone recommend a particular global dial-up company?
9 > >
10 > > - Grant
13 > It's been a while since I've had to shop around for dialup service for
14 > any of my users. However, if my memory serves me correctly I think AT&T
15 > has global dial-up capabilities. It's probably at a premium, but
16 > available none the less.
17 >
18 > byron
19
20 Thanks Byron. I'm hooked up with budgetdialup.com now. 6
21 cents/minute in Europe.
22
23 Please see my new post on getting my laptop's winmodem working if
24 you're interested. This linux-on-laptops.com link has it working with
25 a driver in the kernel:
26
27 http://www.angelfire.com/linux/t_johnson/
28