From: byron <byron@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Travelling in Greece, need advice
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:19:45
1 Grant wrote:
2 >>>Hello! I am travelling and am currently on the Greek island of Corfu.
3 >>> It is great! I have my laptop but I'm finding it totally impossible
4 >>>to find a place that will let me plug into their network for Internet
5 >>>access. I can't use public systems because of keyboard loggers and
6 >>>bank passwords etc. My business is seriously dying at this point and
7 >>>after a lot of thinking, I think my best option is to get my modem
8 >>>working and hire one of the global dial-up providers. I should be
9 >>>able to find a phone line wherever I am. Does anyone have a better
10 >>>idea? If not, does anyone recommend a particular one of these
11 >>>companies?
12 >>
13 >>Go wifi, try this for a list of hotspots worldwide:
14 >>
15 >>http://intel.jiwire.com/
16 >>
17 >>hth,
18 >>
19 >>cooper.
22 > I had planned on finding wireless connections and then ethernet
23 > networks as a backup. Either one has proven to be totally impossible.
24 > I need something I can rely on and since using public computers is
25 > too dangerous it sounds like I need to dial up. I could just make
26 > sure that there is an available phone line where I plan to go and that
27 > my dial-up provider has a local number there.
28 >
29 > Can anyone recommend a particular global dial-up company?
30 >
31 > - Grant
34 It's been a while since I've had to shop around for dialup service for
35 any of my users. However, if my memory serves me correctly I think AT&T
36 has global dial-up capabilities. It's probably at a premium, but
37 available none the less.
38
39 byron
40 --