From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Masking for Educational Purposes only ?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:10:40
1 2008/11/24 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Of course, there is the Gentoo monthly newsletter. Supposed to be
4 > monthly anyway. I haven't seen one in a while so it may be going
5 > quarterly this time. ;-)
6 >
7 > I do wish they had or would use a announce mailing list to inform people
8 > of changes, big ones anyway, that are coming or in the process of
9 > happening. At least that way we would know what is about to get borked
10 > or worse and require some huge emerges to get back on track.
11
12 Well, this is probably another thing that has not reached the user
13 base :-) The main author of the GWN sent a message to the
14 gentoo-dev-announce mailing-list:
15
16 Hi Folks,
17
18 I've been extremely busy traveling & attending conferences for the
19 last few weeks and will be required to continue the same for atleast 2
20 weeks more; and nightmorph is just recovering from his failed
21 hardware. As a result, there will be no October issue of the GMN. We
22 hope to resume to normality by the end of November.
23
24 Apologies.
27 Regards,
28 Daniel