From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome complaining about automount of audio CD
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:49:06
1 I wonder if someone here knows where I turn off Gnome trying to
2 automount audio CDs and complaining that that it can't be mounted.
3
4 This is a recent development with updates in the last month or two. I
5 don't play a lot of audio CDs on my Gentoo machine but periodically
6 copy a CD. It used to be that I would start k3b, insert a CD and k3b
7 would go look up it's name. This still works, but recent versions of
8 Gnome seem to be trying to automount the audio CD which is something
9 makes no sense to me, and it fails. I'd like to fix that if possible
10 as I don't think I ever want Gnome to automount and play audio CDs.
11
12 I suspect this may be a hal-ish thing but that's totally a guess on my
13 part and backed up by nothing.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Mark