From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome complaining about automount of audio CD
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:54:03
1 on Wednesday 05/13/2009 Mark Knecht(markknecht@×××××.com) wrote
2 > I wonder if someone here knows where I turn off Gnome trying to
3 > automount audio CDs and complaining that that it can't be mounted.
4 >
5 > This is a recent development with updates in the last month or two. I
6 > don't play a lot of audio CDs on my Gentoo machine but periodically
7 > copy a CD. It used to be that I would start k3b, insert a CD and k3b
8 > would go look up it's name. This still works, but recent versions of
9 > Gnome seem to be trying to automount the audio CD which is something
10 > makes no sense to me, and it fails. I'd like to fix that if possible
11 > as I don't think I ever want Gnome to automount and play audio CDs.
12 >
13 > I suspect this may be a hal-ish thing but that's totally a guess on my
14 > part and backed up by nothing.
15 There is a use flag in gnome-base/gvfs called cdda which when you have
16 it in there, asks you what you want to do with your audio cd, if
17 that is not there I was getting a message about not being able to
18 mount the cd.
19
20 Hope that helps.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici