From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome complaining about automount of audio CD
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 01:24:01
1 On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM, John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > on Wednesday 05/13/2009 Mark Knecht(markknecht@×××××.com) wrote
3 >  > I wonder if someone here knows where I turn off Gnome trying to
4 >  > automount audio CDs and complaining that that it can't be mounted.
5 >  >
6 >  > This is a recent development with updates in the last month or two. I
7 >  > don't play a lot of audio CDs on my Gentoo machine but periodically
8 >  > copy a CD. It used to be that I would start k3b, insert a CD and k3b
9 >  > would go look up it's name. This still works, but recent versions of
10 >  > Gnome seem to be trying to automount the audio CD which is something
11 >  > makes no sense to me, and it fails. I'd like to fix that if possible
12 >  > as I don't think I ever want Gnome to automount and play audio CDs.
13 >  >
14 >  > I suspect this may be a hal-ish thing but that's totally a guess on my
15 >  > part and backed up by nothing.
16 > There is a use flag in gnome-base/gvfs called cdda which when you have
17 >  it in there, asks you what you want to do with your audio cd, if
18 >  that is not there I was getting a message about not being able to
19 >  mount the cd.
20 >
21 > Hope that helps.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
25 > How do
26 > you spend it?
27 >
28 >         John Covici
29 >         covici@××××××××××.com
30
31 Thanks John. I enabled the flag. First time through it asked what to
32 do. Asked it to do nothing form now on and it seems to be respecting
33 that choice.
34
35 Cheers,
36 Mark