From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't understand an emerge error. Help, please!
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:27:08
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:47:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> I hadn't noticed the -p, but what will it show? It certainly won't
6 >>> show whether setting that USE flag globally will correct the error
7 >>> message, as the pretend emerge is for one package, and not the one
8 >>> causing the problem. You'd need to emerge -p world for that, and
9 >>> setting USE flags on the command line for that is even worse.
10 >>>
11 >
12 >> I agree that setting about anything on the command line is a bad idea.
13 >> However, it is just to test it to see what, if anything, it changes.
14 >>
15 > But it doesn't tell you if setting the flag solves the problem, because
16 > it doesn't attempt to emerge the package that failed. As a test it fails.
21 Then I guess your mileage may vary then.
22
23 Dale
24