From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't understand an emerge error. Help, please!
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 07:43:13
1 On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:47:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I hadn't noticed the -p, but what will it show? It certainly won't
4 > > show whether setting that USE flag globally will correct the error
5 > > message, as the pretend emerge is for one package, and not the one
6 > > causing the problem. You'd need to emerge -p world for that, and
7 > > setting USE flags on the command line for that is even worse.
8
9 > I agree that setting about anything on the command line is a bad idea.
10 > However, it is just to test it to see what, if anything, it changes.
11
12 But it doesn't tell you if setting the flag solves the problem, because
13 it doesn't attempt to emerge the package that failed. As a test it fails.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Top Oxymorons Number 5: Twelve-ounce pound cake