From: Rajat Gujral <nutts4linux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with Xsetup
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:58:27
1 Sorry forgot to attach the log :((
4 Hi holly, uwe
5 Thanx for ur replies ... I was actually trying to install my sound driver
6 when emerge automatically downloaded the newer version of kernel i.e
7 2.6.12-r10 telling me it has a better support for sound cards.. After the
8 newer version was downloaded in /usr/src/ , i did "make menuconfig" to
9 configure the kernel and save the .config file. Then "make && make
10 modules_install" to compile the kernel.
11 After that i compiled the kernel and copied it to the /boot directory. But
12 forgot to update the grub.conf file ... When rebooted the system i tried to
13 start the X server but it always shows the same message till now..I thought
14 there maybe some problem with the newer version. Then i realize i havent
15 updated the grub.conf file and this was my older version being loaded so* *i
16 make the link "linux" point towards older version.
17 When i do a uname -a it shows me the older version i.e 2.6.12-r6 of the
18 kernel . Before that my Xserver was working fine. Does updating to new
19 kernel effect the configuration file of Xserver. I have attached my
20 Xserver's Log file. When i execute /etc/X11/X it a gui window does appear
21 with a mouse pointer but nothing happens after that. When i go back to the
22 terminal i see the same message being displayed
23 Using vt 7
24
25 Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
26 is unresolved!
27 Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
28 /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
29
30 What should i do now ??
31 Thanx and Regards
32 Rajat