From: Rajat Gujral <nutts4linux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Xsetup
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:57:06
1 Hi holly, uwe
2 Thanx for ur replies ... I was actually trying to install my sound driver
3 when emerge automatically downloaded the newer version of kernel i.e
4 2.6.12-r10 telling me it has a better support for sound cards.. After the
5 newer version was downloaded in /usr/src/ , i did "make menuconfig" to
6 configure the kernel and save the .config file. Then "make && make
7 modules_install" to compile the kernel.
8 After that i compiled the kernel and copied it to the /boot directory. But
9 forgot to update the grub.conf file ... When rebooted the system i tried to
10 start the X server but it always shows the same message till now..I thought
11 there maybe some problem with the newer version. Then i realize i havent
12 updated the grub.conf file and this was my older version being loaded so* *i
13 make the link "linux" point towards older version.
14 When i do a uname -a it shows me the older version i.e 2.6.12-r6 of the
15 kernel . Before that my Xserver was working fine. Does updating to new
16 kernel effect the configuration file of Xserver. I have attached my
17 Xserver's Log file. When i execute /etc/X11/X it a gui window does appear
18 with a mouse pointer but nothing happens after that. When i go back to the
19 terminal i see the same message being displayed
20 Using vt 7
21
22 Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
23 is unresolved!
24 Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
25 /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
26
27 What should i do now ??
28 Thanx and Regards
29 Rajat