From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Question about glsa-check
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 20:43:27
1 On 6/10/07, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Kent Fredric writes:
3 >
4 > > On 6/10/07, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > > The last several times I've run glsa-check, it's
6 > > > recommended that I emerge a package that portage
7 > > > claims is already installed on my system:
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > > Its possible ( somehow ) you have dupe/stale tomcats lying around.
11 >
12 > I guess that, too, I had the same problem. Have a look at the output
13 > of "eix -I www-servers/tomcat" to check that (I assumne everyone here has
14 > eix installed these days, right?).
15 >
16 > I did not knw about glsa-check until recently, and was surprised it showed
17 > a pile of packages to update. Some were no longer dependencies of things
18 > I have in world, so my world updates did not update them. And some were
19 > installed multiple times, I had to unmerge the older ones, as you suggest
20 > here:
21 >
22 > > You tried
23 > > emerge -C "<www-servers/tomcat-5.5.22"
24 > > just to ensure this?, cos it looks like glsa-check sees 5.0.27
25 > > somewhere ^^;
26 >
27 > Any idea how this can happen? Aborted emerges or what? But shouldn't
28 > emerge clean, or auto-clean which happens then emerge -u world has
29 > nothing to update, do this? How can one find those?
30
31 eix -i --format "(green,1)<category>(blue,1)/(yellow,1)<name>() |
32 <installedversionsshort>"
33
34 should help you narrow your search down if your looking for dup installs.
35
36 /how/ the dup installs occur is unknown to me, but it would seem the
37 most logical answer would be something to do with slotting. -- or
38 disabling autoclean with FEATURES.
39
40 emerge -p --depclean
41
42 should also help you out a bit ( i guess ... i wouldn't know, the last
43 time i had a system that was -uvaDN world friendly was a /long/ time
44 ago )
45
46 and if you were wondering, sometimes emerge -uvaDN world /will/ miss
47 some upgrades if nothing depends on them and they're not in world (
48 orphans )
49 if emerge -uvaDN world shows nothing, run eix -cu and see all the
50 other things on your system which could be removed/upgraded
51
52 I reccomend adding some to world with emerge --noreplace <atom>
53 ;)
59 Kent
60 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
61 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
62 --
63 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list