From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Question about glsa-check
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 20:03:54
1 Kent Fredric writes:
2
3 > On 6/10/07, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > The last several times I've run glsa-check, it's
5 > > recommended that I emerge a package that portage
6 > > claims is already installed on my system:
7 [...]
8
9 > Its possible ( somehow ) you have dupe/stale tomcats lying around.
10
11 I guess that, too, I had the same problem. Have a look at the output
12 of "eix -I www-servers/tomcat" to check that (I assumne everyone here has
13 eix installed these days, right?).
14
15 I did not knw about glsa-check until recently, and was surprised it showed
16 a pile of packages to update. Some were no longer dependencies of things
17 I have in world, so my world updates did not update them. And some were
18 installed multiple times, I had to unmerge the older ones, as you suggest
19 here:
20
21 > You tried
22 > emerge -C "<www-servers/tomcat-5.5.22"
23 > just to ensure this?, cos it looks like glsa-check sees 5.0.27
24 > somewhere ^^;
25
26 Any idea how this can happen? Aborted emerges or what? But shouldn't
27 emerge clean, or auto-clean which happens then emerge -u world has
28 nothing to update, do this? How can one find those?
29
30 Alex
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list