From: JimD <jimdageek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Outlook MSG file conversion
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 01:21:25
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 6/2/06, JimD <jimdageek@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Can't MS even do email right?
4 >
5 > This was a rhetorical question, right?
6 >
7 > Anyway, the best way I have found to migrate messages from outlook is
8 > to setup an IMAP server, and use outlook to transfer the messages to
9 > the imap server. Most linux mail clients will speak to an imap
10 > server, so you can use thunderbird, kmail, etc to transfer the
11 > messages to local folders or text files.
12 >
13 > -Richard
14
15 I am running courier-imap. I guess I can use outlook under VMware to
16 transfer the emails to my IMAP server. I was hoping to be able to do it
17 off-line, but oh well.
18
19 Thanks,
20