From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Outlook MSG file conversion
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 10:12:27
1 On 03/06/06, JimD <jimdageek@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I am running courier-imap. I guess I can use outlook under VMware to
4 > transfer the emails to my IMAP server. I was hoping to be able to do it
5 > off-line, but oh well.
6
7 Oh no! Not winmail.dat ! ! !
8
9 Ha, ha! Another wonderful M$Windoze formating wrapper, only created
10 and read by their M$Outlook client. The winmail.dat file is in a
11 M$Windoze format called "Transport-Neutral Encapsulation Format", or
12 "MS-TNEF", some details on this format can be found at
13 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mapi/html/ca148ec3-8586-4c74-8ff8-cd542256e385.asp
14
15 On the other hand, there's a couple of converters out there for
16 different platforms (there's even one for Psion Epoc!), but the one
17 you could try in Linux is:
18
19 http://www.fentun.com/linux.html
20