From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:48:39
1 On Tue, June 18, 2013 17:00, Joseph wrote:
2 > Every time I compile a package I get a message:
3 >
4 > sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support:
5 > Address family not supported by protocol
6 >
7 > What is it looking for?
8
9 Do you have IPV6 enabled in your kernel and for the network interfaces?
10 Simple and quick way to check, do you see IPV6-addresses when you type
11 "ifconfig -a" in a console?
12
13 I get this warning for all services that have IPV6 support on systems that
14 don't have IPV6 enabled.
17 Joost