From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: eix-remote update
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:39:53
1 On 01/19/2015 05:07 PM, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 >
3 > Just ran it; it downloads
4 > http://gpo.zugaina.org/eix_cache/eix-cache.tbz2. It terminated with an
5 > error while writing the database file, something related to overlays not
6 > existing or something. The help page (run eix-remote with no command)
7 > tells me that `eix-remote update` downloads an eix cache of a bunch of
8 > gentoo overlays. Unless you're interested in searching for software in
9 > the overlays without having all the overlay portage trees on your
10 > machine,
11
12 Yes, that's the point.
13 I would stick to running a plain `eix-sync`.
16 > You could always try removing /var/cache/eix/remote.eix and then run
17 > `eix-remote update2` - that one succeeds on my machine.
18
19 eix-remote update2 succeeds on my system too.
22 > FYI, `eix-sync` never calls any `eix-remote` commands; `eix-sync` runs
23 > these three commands in this order: `emerge --sync`, `eix-update`,
24 > `eix-diff`. If this command is failing, I would recommend deleting all
25 > the files in /var/cache/eix.
28 If I delete the files in /var/cache/eix and run eix-sync (without having
29 run eix-remote update) it terminates successfully.