From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: eix-remote update
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:07:51
1 On 01/19/2015 08:33 AM, Thanasis wrote:
2 >
3 > Can you also try
7 > eix-remote update
11 > and let the command finish, and also note what file it downloads (at the
12 > beginning) and from where, please?
20 Just ran it; it downloads
21 http://gpo.zugaina.org/eix_cache/eix-cache.tbz2. It terminated with an
22 error while writing the database file, something related to overlays not
23 existing or something. The help page (run eix-remote with no command)
24 tells me that `eix-remote update` downloads an eix cache of a bunch of
25 gentoo overlays. Unless you're interested in searching for software in
26 the overlays without having all the overlay portage trees on your
27 machine, I would stick to running a plain `eix-sync`.
28
29 You could always try removing /var/cache/eix/remote.eix and then run
30 `eix-remote update2` - that one succeeds on my machine.
31
32 FYI, `eix-sync` never calls any `eix-remote` commands; `eix-sync` runs
33 these three commands in this order: `emerge --sync`, `eix-update`,
34 `eix-diff`. If this command is failing, I would recommend deleting all
35 the files in /var/cache/eix.
36
37 Alec