From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: --exclude gentoo-sources
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:56:35
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > I know I can use this option to protect kernel sources I
5 > > want to keep around, from removal, via depclean.
6
7 > put gentoo-sources in world, you then always get the latest.
8 > test each one , decide which are worth keeping. Let's say for argument
9 > that is 3.15.4, so:
10 > emerge -n =gentoo-sources-3.15.4
11 > All versions not listed thusly are subject to depcleaning
14 I found this make.conf idea, whilst googling:
15
16 # Keeps depclean from removing gentoo-sources
17 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--exclude gentoo-sources"
20 Unfortunately, I had already manually fixed the problem
21 and ran depclean. So I'll just have to wait for a real test,
22 but for now it passed the 'emerge --depclean -p' test.....
23
24 Have a good weekend, one and all!
27 thx,
28 James