From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fdisk warnings during install; questions
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:40:18
1 On Fri, 10 May 2013 08:22:28 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I used to use cfdisk, but switched to fdisk because cfdisk's partition
4 > > alignment wasn't good on large drives. That's not a problem with
5 > > cgdisk.
6 >
7 > That was why I had to use cgdisk. The drive is large. I think cfdisk
8 > spit out a error or something.
9
10 cfdisk only does 512 byte alignment, if you want a DOS partition table on
11 a large drive, you need to use fdisk or {,q,qt}parted. cgdisk is a
12 completely separate tool as it works with GPT partition tables. There is
13 anever a choice between cfdisk and cgdisk because only one of them will
14 work with your partition table.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is
21 half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.